We have acted as counsel to companies in respect of numerous capital raising and other corporate finance transactions. We have advised public and private corporations and individuals in connection with initial public offerings, secondary offerings and private placements of equity, debt and convertible debt securities in Canada and the United States. We have assisted in the preparation of registration statements, prospectuses and other securities filings in the United States and Canada. We have also assisted companies with stock exchange listings and electronic exchange listings.
Certain corporate finance transactions our founder has acted in include:
- US$500 million shelf offering of debt securities, shares and preferred stock by a natural resources company listed on NASDAQ.
- US$310 million Canada/US cross-border senior note offering by prospectus supplement to the shelf registration statement.
- US$91 million Canada/US cross-border equity offering by prospectus supplement to the shelf registration statement.
- US$82.5 million Rule 144A offering of convertible notes by a natural resources company and resale registration statement filed with the SEC.
- US$200 million Rule 144A offering of convertible notes by a natural resources company.
- Initial public offering by a Canadian-based education company in the United States.
- Initial public offering by a Canadian technology company on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
We also assist companies with respect to corporate governance matters (including under Sarbanes-Oxley) and continuous disclose requirements in Canada and the United States, including current, quarterly and annual reporting, insider reporting, proxy statements and information circulars, early warning reporting and stock exchange notifications.